Nancy Perkovich is a Family Law Specialist certified by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization since 1990. Nancy has been in private practice since 1979. Her practice specializes in complex family law matters, primarily involving business interests of any nature, tracings, characterization, income analysis for support purposes, and valuation issues. Nancy also frequently works as a mediator, special master, and discovery referee. She has been appointed as a Judge Pro Tempore by Sacramento, Solano, El Dorado, and Placer County Superior Courts for cases in which parties request a private resolution. Having attained an Exceptional 5 out of 5 Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell National Directory of Lawyers, Nancy has also been named in Best Lawyers in America every year since 2000 and in California Super Lawyers and Sacramento Magazine’s Top Lawyer publications since 2005.
Nancy is a fellow and board member in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML), the prestigious national organization of leading practitioners in the family law field. She is also a member of the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists (ACFLS). Nancy has long been active in the Family Law Section of the California State Bar Association and in the Sacramento County Bar Association. She served on the California State Bar, Family Law Section Executive Committee from 1999 through 2004 as the Chair, Vice-Chair, and Legislative Chair. She also served on the Council of State Bar Sections from 2002 through 2004. Nancy served on the Judicial Liaison Committee for the Family Law Section of the Sacramento County Bar Association from 1996 through 2000 and remains an active member of the Sacramento County Bar Family Law Section.
Nancy was an annual speaker on Recent Developments in Family Law for Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB) for many years and regularly participates in continuing education programs for the Family Law Section of the State Bar, the Sacramento County Bar, AAML, and ACFLS. She has authored several articles for the Sacramento County Bar Association Family Law Newsletter and for the State Bar.
Nancy graduated from University of California, Davis School of Law and was admitted to practice in California and Federal courts in 1979. She received her BA in Social Ecology from the University of California, Irvine in 1976.
Family Law Areas of Expertise
- Dissolution of Marriage
- Legal Separation
- Child and Spousal Support
- Income and Asset Analysis for Support Purposes
- Support Modifications
- Tax Issues Related to Dissolution of Marriage
- Complex Tracing Issues Related to Dissolution of Marriage
- Business and Other Asset Valuations Related to Dissolution of Marriage
- Characterization Issues
- Premarital and Postmarital Agreements
Awards & Commendations
- Sacramento Business Journal Best of the Bar - 2017
- Martindale-Hubbell Exceptional Peer Review Rating of 5 out of 5
- Sacramento Magazine’s Top Lawyers award since 2000
- Named in California Super Lawyers Publication each year since 2000
- Selected by peer review as one of the “Best Lawyers in America” since 2000
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms in California
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys 10 Best Attorneys for Client Satisfaction in California
- The Wall Street Journal Best Lawyers in Norther California
- Named Best Lawyer by Best Lawyers in California
- Woman Lawyers of the Year award from Best Lawyers
- Named Top Women Attorneys in Northern California by San Francisco Magazine
- Member of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Member of the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- Member of the Sacramento County Bar Association Family Law Section
- Member of the California Bar Association Judge Pro Tem