In 2017, Julia Perkovich transitioned her practice from general family law to focusing exclusively on non-litigated divorces. She creates a holistic approach to divorce, incorporating care for financial and emotional needs during the process alongside providing legal representation. Because Julia does not handle litigated cases, she can spend more time fostering a supportive environment for her clients, and less time in court.
Since joining Perkovich Law Offices in 2009, Julia completed the Mediation Intensive Training Program taught by the Center for Understanding in Conflict and the Basic Interdisciplinary Collaborative Training. Julia continues to develop her interest and skills related to alternative dispute resolution by completing the Advance Mediation Training offered by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. Julia is an active member of the Sacramento Collaborative Divorce Group, where she serves as the Vice President, as well as a delegate for Collaborative Divorce California. It is rewarding for Julia to provide divorce mediation and Collaborative services for clients as an alternative to contentious litigation.
Julia graduated the University of California, Davis School of Law in 2009, and passed the California bar that same year. She was also admitted to practice law in California and the Federal courts in 2009.
Prior to that, Julia graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of California, Irvine in 2006 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology and a minor in Art History. While at UCI, Julia was awarded membership into Phi Beta Kappa honor society for her scholastic and leadership achievements. Julia volunteered her time as community mediator and a small claims court mediator throughout college.
Awards & Commendations
- Northern California Super Lawyer
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, Inc, Top 10 Attorney (Under 40) for the State of California
- Sacramento Magazine’s Top Lawyers Award
- California Super Lawyers Rising Star Award
- Sacramento Business Journal Best of the Bar
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys 10 Best Attorneys for Client Satisfaction in California
- Vice President, Sacramento Collaborative Divorce Group
- Delegate, Collaborative Practice California
- Member of the Sacramento Collaborative Divorce Group
- Completed the Basic Interdisciplinary Collaborative Training
- Completed the Center for Understanding in Conflict Mediation Intensive Training Program
- Member of the Sacramento County Bar Association Family Law Section
- Member of the Sacramento County Bar Association Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
- Member of the California Bar Association
Family Law Areas of Expertise
- Collaborative Practice
- Dissolution of Marriage
- Legal Separation
- Child and Spousal Support
- Income and Asset Analysis for Support Purposes
- Support Modifications
- Tracing Issues Related to Dissolution of Marriage
- Business and Other Asset Valuations Related to Dissolution of Marriage
- Characterization Issues
- Premarital and Postmarital