Sacramento Divorce Mediation
Trusted Solutions from Our Sacramento Family Lawyers
Mediation is a private and confidential process for couples who want to negotiate the terms of their divorce without the need for the courtroom. In mediation, the mediator acts as an impartial neutral facilitator helping the couple reach a resolution that is acceptable to both parties. The mediator does not represent either person, but rather the mediator's role is to facilitate the legal process, assist in gathering and determining the relevant information, help the participants communicate to reach a resolution, and prepare the final agreement.
Choose an Amicable Alternative
If you are considering a divorce, you are already under a great deal of strain and stress. Rather than add to it with animosity and the uncertainty of a court ruling, mediation gives you the opportunity to make your own decisions, control the cost and speed of the divorce process, preserve assets, maintain relationships and uphold confidentiality.
- Both parties must attend the initial consultation appointment with the mediation attorney to ensure the neutrality of the mediation
- Attorney serves as a neutral facilitator
- The process is confidential
- Parties control the pace and scheduling of the process
- Parties can participate in mediation sessions with or without independent counsel
- Make your own choices about your future
- Create solutions that meet your family’s interests
- No court intervention